Senior Special Events Manager
Are you an experienced Event Manager looking for a new opportunity to lead and develop a high performing Special Events Team?
Cancer Research UK’s Special Events team delivers an innovative and diverse range of high value events which support our work to beat cancer sooner. The portfolio includes many of the charity’s flagship events including the Emeralds & Ivy Ball with Ronan Keating, Sound & Vision at Abbey Road Studios and the extremely popular London Celebrity Sport Quiz as well as many others.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join and lead the team of 9 (with 3-4 direct reports). The focus of this role will be to oversee and contribute to:
- The development and delivery of the annual portfolio of high profile fundraising events, raising in excess of £3 million per year
- The successful retention of existing events and the acquisition new events, gift-in-kind support and event sponsorship
- The excellent relationship management of high-net worth individuals, committees, corporate partners and celebrity talent
We are seeking someone with prior experience of the following:
- A proven track record of developing and delivering special events for high value audiences (this could be within the charity or corporate sector)
- Experience of managing a team and individuals, and facilitating personal development
- Experience of developing relationships and stewarding high-net-worth individuals
- Experience of securing new business and event sponsorship and creating impactful marketing materials, sponsorship proposals and briefing documents
- Experience of developing and managing detailed income and expenditure budgets
- Experience of managing suppliers and commercial partners
- Experience of creating and delivering exciting and innovative event concepts
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you’ll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. You’ll need the ability to engage and win people over, work under pressure with an excellent eye for detail. You’ll also need a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of event related legal and health & safety issues. If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Closing date: Sunday 6th August 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 9th August 2017
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.