Are you looking to develop your major gift fundraising career at the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer?
About Cancer Research UK
Without government funding, we rely hugely on gifts from philanthropists and generous donors to continue with our life saving research. We have an ambitious aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034 but to achieve this we need to accelerate our progress. We will soon be launching a significant philanthropic campaign akin to a large scale university campaign and major gift fundraising will be central to its success. To do this we need to grow our Philanthropy and Campaign Team considerably over the next five years.
About the role
We’re always looking for ambitious fundraisers and we have a selection of Philanthropy Manager or Senior Philanthropy Manager roles available focussing either on securing gifts from high net-worth individuals at the £100,000 level or on securing gifts at the £100,000+ level.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with major prospects, donors and volunteers
- Preparing detailed and creative cultivation and solicitation plans
- Working with colleagues to identify potential new donors
- Collaborating with teams across the Philanthropy and Partnerships directorate
Your ability to engage and win people over will be essential in this role. You’ll also be effective at explaining complex ideas succinctly. And your drive and tenacity will ensure we can beat cancer sooner.
Join the team and bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your:
- Demonstrable experience of soliciting gifts at a six and seven figure level or equivalent experience securing new business in a commercial sales environment
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Interest in scientific research and the ability to communicate this in an engaging and relatable way
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join Cancer Research UK as our high value fundraising teams grow. This role will also allow you the opportunity to engage with our supporters and help them to develop a meaningful and important connection to the charity. Our benefits package includes excellent annual leave and pension allowances as well as discounts on a range of things from gym membership to travel. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
The deadline for this role is on-going, but we'll be reviewing applications as they come in to progress to interview so don’t delay in submitting your CV.
From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices near Angel to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.