Principal Gifts Lead
Principal Gifts Lead
Full time, permanent position, 35 hrs per week
Based: Angel, Islington
Salary: Competitive + benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique, career-defining opportunity to establish and build a pioneering Principal Gifts programme at one of the largest and most successful charities in Europe. If you are a bold and experienced fundraiser who wants to play your part in beating cancer, this role is for you.
Cancer Research UK (CRUK) seeks an extraordinary individual who has the entrepreneurial approach and drive to deliver donors who are able to give on a transformative scale. This is about ambition – for the charity, its research and all those suffering from cancer.
We’re embarking on a significant period of growth in order to achieve our aim of three in four people surviving cancer in the next 20 years and to enable this we’re launching a significant philanthropic campaign on the scale of major universities, which will be central to our success. Building on the success of the £100m ‘Create The Change’ campaign and the Charity's shown ability to attract multi-million pound gifts from international philanthropists, the Principal Gifts Lead will work collaboratively to secure transformational gifts for the delivery of groundbreaking research.
As a member of the Philanthropy & Campaign Leadership team, the newly created role of Principal Gifts Lead will be responsible for setting and delivering CRUK‘s principal gifts strategy, with personal accountability for cultivating a portfolio of around 60 to 100 donors. You'll work closely with the executive board, CEO, and scientific leadership to secure gifts that enable pioneering research to be delivered through close collaborative working across CRUK’s network of Institutes and Centres at world-leading universities such as the University of Cambridge, Birmingham University, Glasgow University, UCL and King’s College London.
Help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. If you have the potential to secure multimillion pound gifts for a groundbreaking, world-renowned organisation then we would love to hear from you.
As an experienced fundraising professional, you will possess the following knowledge, behaviours and skills:
- Consistent track record in major gift fundraising with experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Proven track record of expanding a donor base and achieving high-reaching fundraising target
- Demonstrable effectiveness in building long –term, high net-worth relationship
- The ability to articulate the mission and vision of an organisation to inspire philanthropic engagement
- Experience of leading & inspiring key internal and external partners at the highest level
- Ability to present a credible and knowledgeable image to engage a variety of audiences
- Strong cultural sensitivity along with natural drive to go out into the field
- A dedication to CRUK’s mission.
- Imagination, creativity and empathy are all fundamental qualities we look for in members of the CRUK team
This is an exciting time to join Cancer Research UK as our high value fundraising teams grow. This role will also allow you the opportunity to engage with our supporters and help them to develop a meaningful and important connection to the charity. Our benefits package includes excellent annual leave and pension allowances along with additional discounts on a variety of lifestyle subscriptions and events. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th August 2017
Please note that From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Angel to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.