Are you an ambitious and sharp-minded individual looking to develop your career in event management?
Why we need you
We are now looking for an Events Manager to join our High Value Fundraising Operations team. Part of the Philanthropy and Partnerships directorate, we make sure our highest value donors have an excellent supporter experience at Cancer Research UK. As Events Manager you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering a series of cultivation and stewardship events designed to attract, engage and retain our highest value supporters in the UK and internationally. From bespoke lab tours and unique money can’t buy experiences to talks, lectures, intimate dinners and networking receptions you’ll play a crucial part in creating a world-class supporter experience that will enable CRUK to significantly grow our high-value income.
What will I be doing?
Working in close collaboration with fundraisers, prospect researchers, senior leadership and volunteers, scientists, patients and external suppliers you will:
- Use your expert knowledge and understanding of our audiences to project manage each event, using data to inform decisions about objectives, audiences, messaging and formats.
- Take the lead on specific projects to support the development of our high-value events strategy, in line with our ambitions for growth and a new comprehensive campaign.
- Ensure our events are delivered to a consistently high standard, and bring in new, innovative ideas so we remain competitive in the sector.
- Take forward learnings from evaluation to ensure we’re providing the best possible experience to our donors.
What skills do I need to bring?
To take on this exciting new challenge you’ll have:
- Experience in delivering high quality events.
- An ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- A proactive “can-do” attitude and a flexible approach, with the ability to manage ambiguity and react to changing priorities.
- Experience of managing data and using it to make evidence-based decisions.
Experience of working in a Major Giving or Philanthropy team is not essential as long as you can demonstrate a good working knowledge of the principles of major donor fundraising and transferable skills.
What will I gain?
This role gives you the opportunity to own a series of world-class events at one of the UK’s biggest charities. With our big ambitions you can really make an impact by bringing new ideas to the table. Without you we wouldn’t be able to bring in the money needed to fund research into cancer. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th August
1st stage interviews: Friday 18th August
2nd stage interviews: Wednesday 23rd August
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.