Senior Programme Manager (International Tobacco Control)
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager with a background in research funding to oversee our International Tobacco Control Programme.
At CRUK we have a vision for a healthier population. We know 4 in 10 cancers are caused by preventable risk factors. For this reason prevention has been identified as an organisational priority. Fighting the global tobacco epidemic is one of the cornerstones of our cancer prevention work which is why we have launched our International Tobacco Control Programme (ITCP). Smoking rates don’t come down on their own – our policy research and advocacy has been game-changing, and the UK’s tobacco control policies are now among the strongest in the world.
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to…
- Deliver the CRUK international tobacco control research funding programme
- Influence senior stakeholders, communicating across all levels to build CRUK’s reach and impact
- Manage key funding partnerships and support to grantees
- Deliver programme plans, reporting and evaluation for the ITCP
- Manage ITCP’s resources– including a small team
- Contribute to the wider Cancer Prevention and CRUK strategy development and achievement of organisational strategic objectives
Why this role?
Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer sooner. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work. Now we are joining the tobacco fight in Low and Middle Income countries (LMICs), where nearly 80% of the world’s one billion smokers live. Our Senior Programme Manager will be driving the delivery of our International Tobacco Control strategy, leading and coordinating both internal and external parties, working with other major international funders and leading international experts. This role will manage and maintain plans to deliver and maintain the international funding stream, and develop the international partnerships that help deliver this.
What skills are you looking for?
Join us and help us beat cancer sooner through your...
- Knowledge of the field of research funding or other capacity-building grant-making, particularly in low- and middle-income country settings
- Strong experience of developing programmes and projects with a good understanding of international development.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks.
- Experience of successfully delivering projects in a complex international stakeholder environment
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communicate complex information to an audience
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. If this describes you, you can enjoy a great career with us as, together, we bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th April 2017
Interview Dates: W/C 1st May 2017
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.