Retail Finance Manager
Are you a driven and engaging Finance professional who can help us win the fight to beat cancer?
Fundraising and Marketing (F&M) at CRUK brings together the amazing teams who partner with our supporters to raise vital funds for our life-saving work. This Finance Manager role works closely with the central and field Trading (Retail) teams, as well as the Fundraising Finance and central finance teams. You'll be responsible for the day to day management of the Retail Finance team and the finance requirements of a portfolio which includes a UK-wide and sector leading chain of close to 600 shops, with income approaching £90m. Key responsibilities for this influential role are:
• Building strong relationships with the Trading leadership team to deliver valuable insights, as well as relevant reporting and analysis. This will include weekly and monthly business performance reviews for the department, flagging issues, making recommendations and identifying opportunities to assist the department in hitting / exceeding targets, coupled with monitoring the performance of new shop openings and refurbishments.
• Lead on the quarterly forecast, annual budgeting and 5 year planning processes to ensure plans are aligned to departmental strategies and targets are set according to both ambition and reality, helping to develop innovative ideas such as our eBay shop and out-of-town superstores
• Implement a rolling programme of process review. Working closely with Finance and the relevant operational teams in the business, reviewing processes, controls and recommending / implementing efficiency improvements
• Manage and motivate a team to help drive a performance culture both within Finance and Trading colleagues, and provide an excellent business partnering service to teams in this large retail organisation.
It’s cancer’s turn to be afraid. Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. We’re smart, brave and ambitious individuals united by our relentless pursuit of beating cancer sooner.
Help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your ability to...
• be an effective Finance Business Partner for the F&M teams with excellent influencing and relationship-building skills
• provide analysis and scrutiny of financial outcomes and other indicators of business performance, to inform decision making and direction
• identify, define and deliver continuous improvement in Finance services and support systems
Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets, which means that, in supporting the fundraising teams, you’ll be constantly striving to build your knowledge and understanding of fundraising operations and of external economic factors and their impact. To deliver the best business partnering service you’ll be willing to stretch yourself and to be innovative.
If this describes you, you can develop your career with us as, together, we bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Angel, to a new office space in Stratford close to the Olympic Park.
Interested in other Finance roles? We are recruiting for a number of vacancies in our Finance team. Click here to for more information and to apply.
Closing date: Tuesday 15th August 23:55pm
Interview dates: W/C 14th & 21st August 2017
How to Apply
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.